Magic extend center Carter on 3-year, $59M deal

Uncategorized

Orlando Magic center Wendell Carter Jr. has agreed to a three-year, $59 million contract extension, his agent, Mike Miller of LIFT Sports Management, told ESPN’s Shams Charania on Monday night.

Carter is now under contract with the Magic through the 2028-29 season for a combined $82 million, including the two remaining years on his current deal.

Carter’s new deal includes a team option for 2028-29, sources told ESPN’s Tim Bontemps.

Carter, 25, has been a core part of the Magic’s rebuild since he was acquired from the Chicago Bulls in the 2020-21 season. The Georgia product averaged 11 points and 6.9 rebounds in 25.6 minutes last season.

Earlier this offseason, the Magic re-signed backup big men Goga Bitadze and Moritz Wagner and extended forward Jonathan Isaac, securing the team’s frontcourt around stars Paolo Banchero and Franz Wagner for the foreseeable future.

Articles You May Like

How an NBA sixth man built a $600M empire
Kerr, U.S. wary of Brazil’s physicality, experience
‘The goal is gold!’: Social media praises Team USA, Curry after comeback win
Warriors’ Paul to return Tuesday vs. Wizards

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *